It is known that the maximum range of radar is affected by many factors.
(1) In direct proportion to the 4th power of the Pt of the transmission power, the radar power is doubled and the operating distance is increased by 20%.
(2) It is directly proportional to the second power of the root number of the antenna gain G, while the antenna length is basically proportional to the gain, so the antenna length doubles and the operating distance increases by 40%.
(3) It is proportional to the second power of the root of the signal wavelength λ, so the S-band (10cm) X-band (3cm) operates 80% farther at the same transmission power.
(4) It is directly proportional to the fourth power of the root sign of the target RCS, that is, the stronger the target reflectance, the farther the action distance is. The target of 10 m2 is 20% farther than the target of 5 m2.
(5) It is inversely proportional to the fourth power of the root sign of the reception sensitivity Simin, and the reception sensitivity is related to system loss and signal processing capabilities such as clutter suppression. An effective signal processing can reduce Simin and improve the detection distance.